We are about to add our Linux box to our school's intranet (a 10.x.x.x
network); our network manager is afraid that, by adding a Linux box, we
will be opening ourselves up to mischief from our (my) students. Does
anyone know of any security training offerings in the southeastern US that
I and my network manager could attend to bring us up to speed on security
issues surrounding Linux.

I am running Red Hat 8.0 (2.4.18-14) and plan to use Apache's httpd to
serve pages for the teachers and students within the school's intranet. I
will be teaching Linux to about ten students next fall.

Bill Stanard