On Tuesday 30 March 2004 08:24, Jim Reimer wrote:
> Ray Olszewski wrote:
> > At 05:32 PM 3/28/2004 -0500, Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:
> >
> > When you say "the content is all text", can you be a bit more exact? (I
> > haven't used DOS for years and I cannot recall what the.prn extension
> > signifies.)
>
> A .prn file is generated when the "print to file" option is
> used.  It's contents depend solely on the printer driver -
> could be text, could be PostScript, could be HPGL, could be
> lots of other completely useless things.
Hi All

Thanks for the help.

As far the above I was referring to was that the original file being exported
was all text.

But in all fairness I solved the print to file issue.

In Win 98 if one set printer to generic and type to generic/text Only with
continuous paper one will receive a continuous output of text in text format
in a file named <file name>.prn which can then be renamed .txt

BUT! For me this really does not do what I need although it is the best that
can be done by this method.

What I really need is a method of reading a .nfo file with unknown format most
probably encrypted. Although I am certain there are people on this list who
can open this file  I do not believe that this list [or any for that matter
list] can help me with this as I most probably would not understand what was
being said.

Thus thanks for the help again.

Frank