The message reads, from a Mandrake installation, ....There was an error
installing packages XXX. Do you wish to continue. This goes through every
package I selected.

File partitions. I used fdisk to partition and then put Reseirfs on them.

Then I let Mandrake do  the partitioning automatically.

The result was the same.