On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, James Miller wrote:

> Well, the time has come to finally try and get the zip drive that's been
> sitting idly in this computer ever since I install Debian Sid about 6
> months ago, up and running.  I've never gotten it to work so far, having
> tried the traditional stuff that always worked before (mount /dev/hdd
> /zip, making an entry in /etc/fstab to that effect).  I worked at it a bit

 Zip PC disks come from the factory with a VFAT filesystem on partition
4 (e.g. hdd4).  If you used to address it as hdd, I guess you used to
use ide_floppy but no longer have that in your kernel.  With a single
partition, you might get away with trying to mount it as hdd4, or you
might not (it's years since I tried ide_floppy, and quite a long time
since I used my zip disks, but my memory is that ide_floppy appeared to
see all the data (from hdd1, in my case, because I repartitioned with
fdisk before running mke2fs).

Ken