Folks,
I have a little question about scheduling.

If I have two waiting processes running in the context of the kernel on a wait queue
(as a result of a blocked read). A high priority process is first in the wait queue
and a low priority last in queue. An interrupt occurs and the ISR wakes up the first
waiting process. The first process is woken, runs and exits kernel context back to
user.

Which process now runs?

Is the waiting task scheduled as soon as the high priority returns to user mode or
does the high priority process run until the low priority process is scheduled or the
high sleeps and the low scheduled.

Thanks for any help
Regards
Pete