Hi Peter,

The 2.4 & 2.6 kernels use different, incompatible module formats, so
you can't just copy
the 2.4 modules over to 2.6.  Instead you will need to install a 2.6
kernel module for your
soundcard.  If your kernel was already configured to build your
soundcards drivers as
modules, all you should need to do is cd /usr/src/linux (or where ever
you 2.6.7 kernel
sources are); make modules && make modules_install.  Note that make
modules_install
needs root permissions.  Also also note that 2.6 normally uses ALSA
(Advanced Linux
Sound Architecture), while 2.4 used OSS (Open? Sound System).  This
means that you
soundcards driver module might have a different name, so you might
need to edit the
module name in /etc/modules.conf or where ever you define modules to
load on startup.
After this you should be able to load your soundcards driver modules &
hear stuff.

HTH,
Conway S. Smith