Hi,
  I tried installing Linux over an external HDD. First I tried with
Fedora core 2 and its diskdruid didnt support the USB HDD. Then I used
RH 8.0, with its fdisk, I was able to partition the HDD and write the
bootloader(GRUB) into the MBR of the same external HDD. It was booting
perfectly also. But at a stage of booting it showed some resouce
conflict and finally the message

The values were some numeric ones and I dont remember them exactly. And
in my BIOS there is no option to disable my internal HDD, and as it is a
laptop, I cant pullout its cord also.

What is the problem? What is the solution for that??

Please do help!!
--
With regards,

Jagadeesh Bhaskar P