Richard Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday 02 January 2005 09:32, Ulrich Fürst wrote:
> > or you can put the following into your .bashrc
> > alias rm='mv --target-directory=/root/Desktop/Trash $1 '
>
> I dont have the origanal message anymore to check, but i thought the
> thread was about a "user" deleting files, if that is correct then the
> above will not work as a normal user cannot write to /root (s)
> directory.
He didn't write about user or root. And I took the example out of root's
bashrc by random. I've got the same in the bashrc of each user.

> It is a good idea to do the same for root and users tho'.
> On another note many distro's dont have a trash directory, so the need
> to create one arises as well.
But that's no problem. You can take $HOME/.trash or whatever. I also
created a script running as cron job to keep the size of the directory
(it's contents) below a defined size.

Ulrich

By the way: You could also tell KDE to use any directory as a trash
directory.