I formatted and reinstalled Gentoo about a month ago, because I broke it when I ran etc-update to automatically update my configuration files. Since I reinstalled, Firefox will not open Thunderbird for an email link, and Thunderbird will not open Firefox for a weblink.

I'm also running Logjam to update my live journal, and it also will not open Firefox to view my friends' journals. When I run Logjam from aterm, I see the following error message when it tries to open a browser to view those journals:

/bin/sh/: line 1: sensible-browser: command not found

I wrote a quick script called sensible-browser, and put it in /usr/bin but all it did was open firefox to my homepage, rather than to my friends live journal.

My kernel is 2.6.10-gentoo-r5 which was the latest gentoo-dev-sources I could download last week.

I don't think it is relevent, but I run Fluxbox as my gui now.

Thanks,
Jeremy Abbott
[EMAIL PROTECTED]