At 11:09 AM 2/16/2005 +0700, frans toruan wrote:
[...]
# fx > Preliminary comment: When asking for technical help, never tell us
# fx > what the
# fx > response is "something like". Take the time to write it down and tell
# fx > us
# fx > what it actually is, and the exact command it is response to.

Please take to heart the comment I made above. Below, you say a ping "failed", but you do not provide the sort of details I was trying to ask you to provide.

Please tell us the *exact* command you entered and the *exact* message ping provided when it failed. pings fail in at least 4 distinct ways I can think of, *not* counting DNS issues, and the message you get from ping will help me, or someone here, figure out what is going on in your case.

You might also try a traceroute and see how far it gets. If you want help interpreting that, don't even think about providing anything short of the complete output of the process.

# fx > Now ... you say first that you cannot ping to "any external IP
# fx > number", but
# fx > then refer to "external FQDN". Have you tested pinging an address ("(
# fx > e.g.
# fx > 18.7.22.69 )") or not? If not, please do ... in that case, James'

Already tried to ping to other IP numbers, but failed. I could only ping to
IP numbers of DNS servers of our ISP ( and even then, not to their names ).
[...]