Hello,

When getting mail with fetchmail, I sometimes get messages this one:

reading message 8 of 19 (2094 bytes) .. flushed
reading message 9 of 19 (3076 bytes) .fetchmail: SMTP error: 501
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... Sender domain must exist
fetchmail: SMTP error: 553 <root>... Domain name required
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from r.pop.uunet.be
fetchmail: Query status=10

After getting such a message, fetchmail refuses to skip that mail and
move on to the next. So I have to telnet tot the pop3 port of the
popserver and dele the mail myself. (there goes my automated
get-mail-send-mail script...).

How can I make my local sendmail accept connections from unresolving hosts
? I've looked in the sendmail.cf file, but I now realize that sendmail.cf
IS indeed the hardest config file around. Or is there some other
fetchmail solution to automatically delete mail that doesn't resolve ?

Thanks in advance,

   Karel Bemelmans, Narfum Inc.
   Home of the Belgian Punkrockers

  [-- Contact --] -->  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  [-- Website --] -->  http://www.narfum.org

   Windows 98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash
   simultaneously...