A lot of times people tell you that, because in some "fields", it's good
to keep the same brand. ie. Car Audio. I don't believe that you would see
a "noticeable" difference whether you had two Seagates together or one
Seagate and one Maxtor. The differences are all relative to the speed on
that bus. You can actually get better thoroughput when you have two HD's
on seperate chains, hence, primary master, secondary master. What it
really boils down to is the seek time on that disk. It really has nothing
to do with the brand...

Woody
Security Administrator
Localline.com