On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Sony Lloyd Ponton wrote:
>In slackware I can change the host name of my machine in
>/etc/rc.d/rc.M..where can I find that name in redhat linux 4.2. Cause I was
>searching in vain for rc.M and coulndt not find it on
>my redhat 4.2 box.

I'm not sure about RHL4.2, but, in case it's the same, on RHL5.0 and
RHL5.1 you should check out the "HOSTNAME=" record in
"/etc/sysconfig/network" as well as the single record in "/etc/HOSTNAME".

If "/etc/HOSTNAME" does not exist, then "/etc/sysconfig/rc.sysinit"
initializes it with the "HOSTNAME=" directive in "/etc/sysconfig/network".
If it does exist, then it is not rewritten. If it does exist, therefore,
you should check that the two host name definitions are identical.
--
Dave Mielke       | Phone: 1-613-726-0014
856 Grenon Avenue | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]