bryan,
is it an 8-bit or 16-bit Pro? if its a CT1330 or a CT1600
it is 8-bit and that could be why it doesn't play mp3's well.
check out
http://www.soundblaster.com/wwwnew/tech/spec/techaud.html
for more on those cards.

i've been snagging the 16's around here when i can. you can't
find any soundboards that are NOT PnP any more.

have fun

Bryan Scaringe wrote:

Is anybody familiar with the kernel configuration options
used for a SB Pro?

I am still having the sound problems with .mp3s sounding
like garbage when played with x11apm and mpeg123.

the .au files sound fine when 'cat'ed to >/dev/dsp,
so I can onnly assume my sound card is configure properly.

Thanks,
Bryan Scaringe

--
michael jones * erleichda archiving * harleysville, pa
http://www.voicenet.com/~blindman