Dennis Herbst wrote:

> I would like to use Apache web server to occasionally post various
> information for our neighborhood. This is really a test to see if a web
> page is even viable.

Try Roxen instead of Apache.  Apache is ok, but Roxen lets you run an
FTP Server, it's alot easier to configure, and it's RXML makes running a
site alot easier.  Check out http://www.roxen.com.  Look in the manual
for more info on RXML.

> My question is that since I have a dynamic ip address, it would be
> difficult to let everyone (roughly 20) know what to use for the url..
> Is there any simple solution to this? I used to put my ip address in my
> .plan file and people could finger the account but my isp (and many
> others I hear) does not run fingerd.

http://www.ml.org.  You will have a URL ending with .dyn.ml.org.  For
updating software, I would reccomend using
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1355/dynipup.html. It is
what I use.  It has instuctions on getting it to work at that site.

Later
Scorpion