On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, James wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Dane Helm wrote:
>
> //Is it possible to share a swap space? Say, for example, I have a 6.4gig
> //hard drive....If I partition 3g for Red Hat and 3g for Slackware can I
> //share the .4 remaining gig as 1 swap or would I split that into 2 .2g
> //swaps..?
>
> you probably could, although isn't .4Gb (400Mb) a bit big for swap? i have
Well, yes..but it was just an example...easy math...to tell you the truth
I onlyhave a .4gb hard drive...supposed to be 428 but obly rgisters as
408...would be nice to have that extra 20mb as swap..I have a 17mb swap
with 12mb ram..but do to size I can only have tha tsmall swap.

> 32Mb ram, 32Mb swap and only ran out of swap when i compiled my kernel with
> make zlilo -j (try it, it's quicker but eats ram), and why not have a slack
> root, redhat root, then shared /usr /tmp and avoid having to duplicate programs.
> or "oh i'm in Slack but i want to use Staroffice which is installed in Redhat"

Sounds cool but I am a total newbie..stil trying to compile/configure
ghost script 5.1 so I can use my Epson!!  I would need more info..HOW-TO..

Dane Helm            [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Bremerton, WA
Can you buy any other O/S's than M$ Windows from the most popular computer
vendors? Find out:  http://www.essential.org/antitrust/ms/jun3survey.html