On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, David Churchill wrote:

> Well so far I've managed to install Slackware 3.5 get ppp and my modem
> working.  Install X and go it working almost.  My problem is I can't get my
> mouse to work in X.  It works in Linux out of X, although it does seem a
> little sluggish.  In X it is very sluggish and erratic, I can get some
> motion out of it sometimes but it is not controllable or predictable.

Hi,

I don't think you have a problem with your mouse.  There seems to be a bug
on gpm on slackware 3.5. Try to find gpm on /etc/rc.d/rc.local and remove
the "-R" switch. Then X will work. I'll try to send an e-mail to Patrick
Volkerding about this problem.

Mine looks like: "gpm -m /dev/mouse -t bare".

                                        |--> ms -- for microsoft mouse
                                        |--> ps2 - for ps/2 mouse or
                                                   common touchpads from
                                                   notebooks.

Note that this works for me, It may not work for you.

regards,

== ========== Andre M. Varon  Lasaltech Incorporated
== ==    ==== Technical Head  Fax-Tel: (034)435-0836
==    == ==   E-mail  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
======== ==   WebPage : http://andre.lasaltech.com