On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Patrick Stockton wrote:

> We just got Apache up and running on Linux.  We moved a whole load of
> CGI and Perl scripts over from a winblows 95 machine that was running
> Sambar Server.
>
> Now none of the CGI scripts are woking.  They are telling us we have
> "premature header endings." and things like that?
>
> Is dos and winblows just far more forgiving that linux when it comes to
> writing of these scripts?
>
> TIA
>
> Patrick

It might be that your scripts are not sending the HTTP headers (things
like :"Content-type: text/html". It is possible that your old webserver
took care of that, but apache most certainly doesn't. If I remember well
this gives "premature end of header" errors.

If this is the problem, just add a "Content-type: xxxx/xxxx" line,
followed by a blank line to the output of your scripts.

Of course, it is entirely possible that your problem is something
different altogether.

Frank