On 14-Aug-98 Anukool Lakhina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using RH5. I'd like to play music CDs on my machine.  What software
> should I use? (my soundcard works okay).

Workman is a CD player which came with my distribution (Slackware 3.1).
It's got every feature I need. Below is the lsm entry.

Begin3
Title:          WorkMan Audio CD-ROM Player
Version:        1.3
Entered-date:   13NOV95
                a CD-ROM drive. It has most of the features available on
                standalone CD players, such as a shuffle mode, programmable
                playlists, and elapsed/remaining timers. But it also has extra
                features, foremost of which is the ability to store information
                about CDs in a database, then automatically extract that
                information when the CD is inserted later. WorkMan stores the
                artist's name, the disc title, the names of individual tracks,
                and even remembers which tracks you don't want to hear! All in
                an easy-to-use, attractive OPEN LOOK graphical interface.