On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Martin Roberts wrote:

> I have RH5.0 running nicely now but I believe the kernel version
> (2.0.32) does not give me FAT32 support.  I have read that versions
> above 2.0.35 have support for FAT32 partitions?  Is it read/write
> support?

Yes, 2.0.35 supports FAT32 partitions but actually 2.0.34 introduced this
feature.
you can do
mount /dev/some_FAT32_partition -t vfat /some_dir

> What's the best way of upgrading the kernel?  I assume I will also have

Weel, configure the kernel as you need it for your system, and say "y"
to vfat support in the kernel configuration menu program at "Filsystems".

> to modify fstab - currently it says "ignore" for hda1 (my win95
> partition).  Do I replace this with "vfat".

you can put a line like

/dev/hda1               /dosc                   vfat   rw              1 1