On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> 1. What version of linux is loaded?
>
> 2. What window manager are you using?
>
> I gather your using Red Hat. That is hard to trouble shoot. Either it
> works right or you might need to punt and re-load the turkey again...

Actually, I've ditched Redhat.  I tried to upgrade to 5.1 but every
install method I tried resulted in "/proc cannot be mounted..." so I went
to SuSE and have been quite pleased with it.  In any case, my present
configuration is: Linux 2.0.33, SuSE 5.2, and WindowMaker 0.18b.  I don't
know how much this info will help, but I hope it does.  This is rather a
frustrating problem.  Thanks!

                                                        -Chris