On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Woody wrote:

> We've recently had this problem. It seems that whenever the box is
> rebooted, system time changes to GMT. I've checked
> /usr/lib/zoneinfo/US/East-Indiana and it shows "EDT"....I've also checked
> through my /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit script as this is the script involved in
> setting your system clock. I know it hasn't been altered in any way, so
> it's something that has happened that has caused this that is not relative
> to this script. I've even checked the kernel that I am using, 2.1.115 and
> 2.0.35 and can't see anything that would cause a timezone change...

Woody:

I just experienced this problem at work... yesterday as a matter of
fact...

In my experience (Caldera OpenLinux Base) it was a daemon loaded at
/etc/rc.d/init.d called ntp.

Once I took that out of the init.d, everything was fine.  Everytime the
damned thing ran, it would set our clock to GMT.  Same day, but wrong
time.

Hope this helps,

Dave