>Check and make sure your kernel is compiled right...
>
>Woody

Oh geez Woody, GREAT answer.

>On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Andrew R Brink wrote:
>
>> I've tried to mount my Windows 98 Hard drive with the command:
>>
>> mount /dev/hda1 -t vfat /c
>>
>> But i get a wrong filesystem error.  What am I missing here?

Okay, "check that your kernel is compiled correctly". Sure. To be
/slightly/ more helpful, you need the latest kernel (2.0.34 supports it,
but get 2.0.35 if you are grabbing a new kernel source)
This has support for FAT32 drives, and joliet file systems (ever written a
CD with Win95/98 Long filenames in it, and have them get truncated under
linux? no more..)
You'll also need, as well as Iso9660 fs and VFAT etc, codepage support for
your languarge..
If you use English / US type language, then make sure you chose codepage
437 and NLS ISO8859-1 - these should provide all the functionality you need.

if you need help compiling the kernel, there /should/ be something on that
in the /usr/src/linux dir after you have installed the new source.

good luck
Daniel Lawson