On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Sebastien Taylor wrote:

> This is the message the log gives me:
>
>   [crit] (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to port 80
>
> Do you know how to fix this?

My guess is you are running httpd as a non root user. However, ports under
1024 (HTTP uses 80 by default), require root. If you have root access on
the machine you are trying this on, you'll have to start apache as root,
if you don't, you'll have to run it on a nonstandard port.
There is an apache option that makes it change to another user once it has
reserved its port. If you want to be secure, you should use that.
Mine says :

User nobody
Group #-1

Frank