Gudmundur Mar wrote:

> I'm going to install Redhat 5 to my computer, i have two hard drives, one
> 3.2 that i use for win98 and dos and another 2.1GB that i'm going to use
> for Linux. I got some informations about how to install it from redhat.com
> but i still don't understand it. What partitions should i choose? (The hd
> is 2.1 GB and i have 64 EDO RAM).. can someone tell me?
The easiest way is to set up one large partition for "/" and a smaller
one for swap, the install should walk you through this. Linux (unix)
uses different designations for drives and partitions, the drive that
you want to install Linux on will be called /dev/hdb (the win98 being
/dev/hda) your root partition (or "/") will be /dev/hdb1 and your swap
will be /dev/hdb2. A good rule of thumb is to make your swap size the
same size as your ram. Since you have a good size hard drive to install
Linux to when it asks what packages to install just tell it to install
everything.