According to Gevaerts Frank: While burning my CPU.

> On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Cecep wrote:
>
> > I've just installed Linux Redhat-5.1 on my computer (P-133 ,16M) and
> > I use Compex (NE 2000 compatible) ethernet card for connection to the
> > internet using my campus LAN. The problem is my computer can't detect
> > my ethernet card directly at boot time. There are some messages like
> > this :
> >
> > modprobe: can't locate module ipf-4
> > blah blah blah
> > Delayed eth0 initialization
> >
> > So, I've to load the module manually after logged in to the system.
> > Somebody, please tell me what should I do to get my computer
> > detect my ethernet automatically  at boot time.
> >
> something strange is going on. I don't know what ipf-4 is, but as far as I
> know, the ne2000 driver is called ne. If I remember correctly from
> are loaded (sorry, can't say where, I don't use RH). You could try to
> check if everything is setup correctly there

ipf-4 is quite possably a typo on the posters part, net-pf-4 is what it
should be, thats the IPX module.

When you say a configuration tool to decide what modules are loaded, as a
redhat user my ears popped up, quite possably you mean Kerneld, which is not
redhat spesific, Kerneld = Kernel Module loading daemon it comes with all
distributions.

Or do you mean something else.?

--
Regards Richard.