According to Karl F. Larsen: While burning my CPU.

>       What your interested in is AX25 packet encapsolation in an
> IP packet. This is done daily by Ham Radio Gateways. Are you looking for
> this or something else?

WRONG WRONG.
Karl get your facts correct before answering, he asked about the protcol
X25 not AX25.

The only thing  i know about it is it is being developed in the 2.1.xx
kernel, the following comes from the MAINTAINERS FILE.

WAN ROUTER AND SANGOMA WANPIPE DRIVERS (X.25, FRAME RELAY, PPP)
P:     Gene Kozin
M:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
M:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
W:     http://www.sangoma.com
S:     Supported

As far as i recall X25 was the first protocol developed "many" years ago for
linking 2 machines together via ethernet and later was used as the protocol
for the first internet connections, altho' i could be wrong, that was before
my time.
Nowever AX25 was developed from the X25 protocol many years ago.

--
Regards Richard.