According to Larry Clayton: While burning my CPU.

> Hi:
>     I am a novice user of Redhat 5.0.  I have
> no problem connecting to my ISP or
> getting mail through fetchmail.  I need help
> in how to get my send messages to
> put my correct address as the originator.
> Right now it gives something like
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>     Of course I'll never get any replies with
> that as my address.

No that would be quite a mirical if you did, however most mailers have a
setup utility or screen when you start them up, ie, pine starts then you
choose "setup" then type a "c" for config, now you will see what you can
configure.

I use elm, and i define my reply address in my enviroment as;
export [EMAIL PROTECTED]
In my /home/.profile
Which i belive works for some other mailers also, read the README or man
page for you particqular mailer.

--
Regards Richard.