According to Jon  Dowd: While burning my CPU.

> Hello,
> Could someone ( sorry, yet once again) please tell me how to
> configure me kernel to have ppp support. Or what document to look
> in.
> Thank you

If you are using a stock kernel and modules installed from a distribution
source (ie, cdrom) then you possably already have ppp support.

modprobe ppp    installes modules.
lsmod           shows a list of loaded modules.
rmmod           removes modules.
depmod          checks all modules and makes dependantcies.

Modules reside in /lib/modules/kernel_version_number/

If you have not got the module needed then you will need to make a new
kernel, i suggest you read /usr/doc/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO.gz and the README in
/usr/src/linux

--
Regards Richard.