Can anyone help with a suggestion for the actual address for my
network card ?  It is a Realtek 8029 PCI card which works fine with
Windows 98.  In the Win 98 properties, it show up as IRQ 9 and I/O of
1040 - 105F, which does seem a bit high compared with the usual 0x300
etc.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte TX3 which allocates the address to the
card on boot up.  It is always 1040 - 105F and IRQ 9, (in Win 98
anyway).

However, if I set the card up as a NE2000 compatible under SuSe Linux
V5.2, with the command :-

io=0x1040

The boot up sequence (dmesg) is unable to locate the card at this
address and the network fails.  I've done this stacks of times before,
but with (not so clever) ISA network cards and it all works fine.

Anyone come across this before and could suggest a cure ?  Any help
most welcome.

TIA,

Evek.