At 05:15 PM 10/12/98 -0400, David Tupper wrote:
>The AMD chip won't give you any problems what so ever. The only Intel
>pentium class cpu in my house is in my laptop (kind of tough to change)
>and I don't have any trouble. I have heard that the Cyrix chips can be a
>pain (some patches to the kernel are needed) but don't have any personal
>experience.

I am planning to upgrade my 486 in my Linux box.  Basically, what is the difference
between the K6, Pentium, Pentium MMX and Pentium II?  I may also run some DOS programs
that use the chipset to do some DSP.  Does that make a difference?
Be nice.  It doesn't take any longer.
Charles Greene
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
115 Aaron Avenue
Bristol, RI (Location of the nation's oldest 4th of July parade)