> I'm using Red Hat 5.0 with a dialin ISP modem connection.
> I run Netscape and am able to send mail with it.
> Can I also get mail by filling in my ISPs POP mail server name, or must I
> use Fetchmail or some other program to get the mail first to my machine?
>
> Thanks
> Ron

Netscape will happily retrieve your mail from a POP server.
Be aware of one thing...there was an obscure bug with
Netscape 4.05 under Red Hat 5.0. What would happen is if
you tried to send mail from anything but the root account
you'd get an error from Netscape saying that you were out
of memory. It was only supposed to happen if you used the
rpm from Red Hat to install Netscape, and only if you were
running a specific (non-related) service on your box that I
can't recall the name of off hand.

I wasn't running the service. I installed Netscape from source.
I had the bug. Never did solve it. Ended up reinstalling my
whole O/S to get rid of it.

---
Bill Kocik
Information Systems