Hi all,

I'm using RedHat 5.0. I have two questions, the first one is regarding
the hostname, the second one is a question on printer setup.

My prompt currently looks like this:

[root@localhost /root]#

Now I would like to change the "localhost" to something else, say,
"machine". I've tried using 'localhost machine' but it didn't change it.
I also tried using 'env HOSTNAME=machine' but also nothing. Then I tried
adding the entry '127.0.0.1 machine machine.com' in /etc/hosts, but also
nothing. So can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the bash
shell.

By the way, the value for HOSTNAME is localhost.localdomain and the
value set for PS1 is [\U@\H \w]\$

Second question, how do I set up my printer? When I first installed
Linux, I was given the option of installing it, but I thought I'd do it
later on. Anyway, I don't want to have to go through installing Linux
again just for the printer. What is the command to start installing the
printer? My printer port is lp0. I was told that 'mknod' would do it,
but I read 'man mknod' and I didn't see anything about printers.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.
Harold.

      "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."
      -- The Wizard Of Oz