Hi,

I  can log into my system (redhat4.2,kernel2.0.30)
but there s some weird things happening:

I) When I type halt from root, to halt my system,
I just see one line ( system is halted..), instead of the usual shutdown
initializations
arguments at shutdown. But instead of halting, it goes back quickly to root
prompt, with no error message or anything.
Same problem when I try shutdown -h/-r now/ -r now..

II). Also, every time I execute logout ..it says : Invalid command shell.
type exit. But exit wont work.
I have to try logout 3,4 times..then it finally logs me out..
what could that be and how to go around it?

Thanks for help

Karl Leubster