>A friend told me that there are some Linux viruses around. I did not
>believe him, I told him that viruses are only a DOS & Windows phenomenon.
>Am I right?

    As already stated by Hills, I'm afraid that you are mistaken here.  In
fact, it can be argued that Unix was the platform on which the most famous
virus resided.  Actually, it was not a virus, but a worm.  A worm functions
like a virus and (can) replicate like a virus but does not need to attach
itself to a host file.  Anyway, there is no reason that a virus can't reside
on any platform which currently exists.  It is true, however, that virii for
Linux are much more rare than those for DOS/Windows and even Mac, although
the number is increasing monthly.  I hope that you all don't mind my added
(possibly unnecessary) information, but I do enjoy a good virus discussion.

Boot Sector