Please help,

My PPP setup was working fine on my Slackware 3.5 box.  So since everything
was working great I had to screw it up.  I was trying to install xisp.  I
changed some of my ppp files permissions to try to implement the scheme that
the xisp install file recommended.  No I cant connect via ppp as any user
other than root.

When I watch the messages file using tail -f /var/log/messages I can see my
chat script dial out, connect to my ISP, authenticate my user id and
password and then I get the messages:

    Serial connection established
    Exit

Obviously then the connection drops.

Could someone please tell me what the permissions should be for:

    /etc/ppp/pppscript
    /usr/sbin/pppd
    /usr/sbin/pppd-2.2
    /dev/modem
    /dev/cua2
    /usr/sbin/chat

and any other files that may be relevant.

Or am I going down the wrong road thinking this is a permissions problems?

Thanks in advance
David Churchill