According to Akintayo Holder: While burning my CPU.

> Does anyone know a way to see the progress of ftp (the default one from
> the cmd line)
>
> Also does anyone know if the client supports resume ?.

I know of 2 ways.
1) Use ls -al <ftp_filename> from another console (in the directory where
the file is being put) to see its increasing size during the transfer.
2) Set the "hash" mark before starting the transfer, just type in 'hash'
Then during the transfer one "#" will represent 1024 bytes of data.

Most client ftp severs do support the resume cammand, like explaned in
another mail, there are some which dont, to my knowlage just about all ftp
mirror sites are Unix sites so the resume command should work.

--
Regards Richard.