I've installed wine, but I gather it requires a DOS partition to hold windows
apps. I have an empty sda2 (50 Mb, nat.linux) and an empty sda3 (150 Mb, no
type. I'd like to format the latter as FAT, which I assume I can do under
Linux without danger.

If the sole purpose of this directory is to hold windows apps that Linux can
see, does it make any difference what directories are on it (other than what
the windows install programs will create)? Does it make any difference whether
that partition is bootable, startable, primary, etc.?

Haines Brown