According to Randy Jones: While burning my CPU.

> Both Slackware and Red installations won't automatically install LILO =
> for me.
>
> Slackware will make a LILO Boot disk, but won't install on the MBR.
> Red hat won't even do that.  It just says that there was an error =
> installing LILO.

This sounds like a configuration error, before you can install lilo in the
install procedure you choose the "configure lilo" section, if you follow and
do what is asked i can't see what could be wrong.

If it just wont work, you can choose to make a "bootdisk" Just a Plain
bootdisk, NOT a lilo boot disk, place a clean formatted floppy in the drive
and perform the task.
Afterwards follow the instructions and reboot the machine with the floppy in
the drive, you do not HAVE to install lilo to boot linux.

Now you can go the the /etc dir and edit lilo.conf by hand, here is an
example of my file, its not for windows95 just a plain old dos partition.

boot=/dev/hda
#boot=/dev/fd0
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=300
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36
        label=2.0.36
        root=/dev/hda2
        read-only
other=/dev/hda1
        label=dos
        table=/dev/hda
image=/vmlinuz.slack
        label=slack
        root=/dev/hdb1
        read-only
image=/vmlinuz.deb
        label=debian
        root=/dev/hdb2
        read-only
image=/vmlinuz.suse
        label=suse
        root=/dev/hdb5
        read-only
image=/vmlinuz.red5.0
        label=redhat5.0
        root=/dev/hdb6
        read-only

Now take a note of the first line, i have my linux partitions on both
/dev/hdax and hdbx i would advise you to make a lilo boot disk first, just
so you get the idea how it all works, so se the second line without the hash
mark. After editing the file to suit your needs, save the file and type
'lilo' it should return;

Added 2.0.36 *
Added dos
Added slack
Added debian
Added suse
Added redhat5.0

Of course palce a clean formated floppy in the drive first.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards Richard.