On Sat, 28 Nov 1998 11:34:08 -0500 Lane Lester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:
> Perry Thiessen said:
> > 256 characters
> >
> > ----------

No.  It depends on the filesystem..  Msdos is 8.3, ext2 could care less -
a period is just a legal character in  a file/directory name, like a or
_.
Minix is 11.3 or something, but there are several flavors of minix.

Lawson

                         Microsoft-free environment

This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.

> Lane
>
> ----
> Lane Lester / Madison County, Georgia USA
> ----

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]