I have been printing all my stuff using the command 'pr file > /dev/lp1'
which has been working great. However, it seems that I need to set up my
printer operation a bit more then I have already and was wondering how in
the world I can do this.

For example - when I type 'lpr' I get back " unable to get official name
for local machine". HOw do I set this. I went into /etc/printcap and made
sure the default line was uncommented but obviously there is more to this.
I even looked for a '.bashrc' file to add 'export PRINTER=lp' and I
couldn't find such a file. But I made one and put it in my $HOME
directory.
That made no difference so now I am at a loss. Would be nice to use LPR to
print things rather then the way I am doing it now.

Ted Gervais                                        Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Coldbrook, NS Canada                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
902-679-2253