Hi all,

    Kent Robotti's excellent DOSLINUX distribution fits my needs and system
perfectly! (are you waiting for me to say, "except for one little thing"?

    Well, except for one little thing: I have a Lucent Technologies Win
Modem (yes, its PnP), that I cant seem to successfully configure.  I've
tried the pnpdump, and isapnp utilities as described in the docs, and even
downloaded the DOS Intel ICU utility to do it from DOS before I boot linux.
No dice.

    In the first instance isapnp stops all configuration during boot when it
has a problem with LP1

    In the second instance ICU finds the modem and configures is
(aparently), I boot linux, and run termite which closes with the error
message that it cant access the 2nd device.  A quick "modem -c atz
/dev/modem" gets a fresh command line after I hit return, but no OK message
from the modem.

    I'm on an IBM Aptiva 2040 L71 300Mhz Pentium II with 64MB RAM, the modem
is:
        LT Win Modem
        IRQ: 04
        I/O: 03F8h-03FFh
        I/O: 0100h-0107h
        DMA: 07
        DMA: 06
            ( I suspect dual DMA channels because it is also a voice modem)
        Drivers
            c:\windows\system\ltmodem.vxd
            c:\windows\system\ltcom.vxd
            c:\windows\system\ltvcd.vxd
            c:\windows\system\ltdsvd.dll

    I know that you Gurus are probably overwhelmed with requests for help,
but any assistance that any of you can render would be ENORMOUSLY
appreciated!

Thanks, Gerry