According to Jeremy Wiebe: While burning my CPU.

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to compile the diald program.  I have downloaded it, but when I
> do a "make depend" as the README suggests, make complains about multiple
> declerations.  I know there is a way to trap these messages but I can't
> remember how and I can't find it anywhere for the life of me.  I seem to
> remember something like "make depend 2>&1 logfile.txt"
>
> Not sure if someone has had this same problem, but the essence of the
> warnings are that there are symbols that are being defined in more than one
> header file.  I was going to give the output, but alas, I need the answer to
> the first part before I can ask the second I guess.

Well another way to get text from one console to another is by way of
"Cut and Paste" with your mouse.

As to the "Warnings" in the compile.
If they are "only" warnings and do NOT result in an Error, then possably you
can dissregard them, however that sort of warning normaly will result in a
compile failure.
One main cause of that sort of warning is an old source being compiled with
incompatable libs.

--
Regards Richard.