12/02/98 at 05:19 PM,
   Shawn Craver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I know that this isn't directly related to linux, but does anyone know
>if there is a limit to the number of logical partitions that an
>extended partition can hold? The reason is that I want to build a
>triple boot system (Win95, RedHat 5.2, BeOS) and am short on cash. I
>would rather have a single large drive than spend the extra cash on
>several smaller drives. Any advice/answers would be greatly
>appreciated.

"root" partition table has four entries, hence you could create 4
partitions, one of which could be treated as extended partition.
Extended partition table has the same format, as "root" partition table,
then you could create up to 3 logical partitions. The very good
explanation could be found at /usr/doc/lilo-X.XX The cooperative
co-existance of various OSs described at /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/Linux+X+Y+Z
(where X, Y, Z  respectively various OSs)

Sergei Makarov,
Computer Dept, New Economic School, Moscow, Russia
tel.+7-095-332-4420   fax.+7-095-129-3722
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]