Using recycled bits, Vince DiMascio said:
% Hi,
%
% Thanks for the LILO tips.  I'm back in the saddle!
% Would anyone recommend a nice POP3 client for use?  I am not running a
% mail server.  I'm just using a standalone dial-up system.  I find elm's
% functionality wonderful, but can't figure out how to use it for my POP
% accounts since fetchmail has no place to direct my isp's mail server to.
% Any suggestions on setting up elm or POP client software?

Pine is pretty easy to use as a POP3 client.  I don't think Elm can
be used in the same way, as it reads the mail spool (/var/spool/mail/...)
directly.  Netscape's email client(s) can also be configured to read
POP3 servers directly.  Ditto for KDE's client.

Kurt
--
Kurt Wall
Informix on Linux FAQ - http://www.xmission.com/~kwall/iolfaq.html