On 03-Dec-98 Michael Stearne wrote:
> When using Redhat 5.0 and Afterstep how do I get windows to jump to the
> front when the mouse is over them.  In the preferences "menu" there is
> an auto-raise setting or delay, but this doesn't seem to do anything.
> Also, in Afterstep where is the configuration file(s) located?  In my
> directory (/root) there is no .xinitrc or anything I am used to from
> other OSes (SunOS).

In the newer versions of Afterstep, the configuration files are located in the
"~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/" directory. Editing of the look and feel should
be done in files located in the "~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/desktop/looks/"
and the "~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/desktop/feels/" directory. You may have
more than one files with different configuration in these directories and will
be able to choose the one you wish to use after starting AfterStep.

To allow auto-raise, you will need to either use an existing configuration
which doesn't have "ClickToFocus" defined, or create your own configuration
appropriately and select it for use after start up. This will cause the focus
to be automatically transfered to the window the pointer is in, but this will
not raise it.

In order to cause the window to raise when focus is transfered to it, you will
need to run the "Auto" module that comes with AfterStep. Read the "Auto" man
page for details.

> Finally at login how can I default to the C shell instead of Bash.

Try the following command:

        chsh -s /bin/csh

Read the "chsh" man page for details. Note that you must have "csh" installed
and listed in "/etc/shells" for this to work.

You may also edit the file "/etc/passwd" directly if you have the appropriate
permission.

Cort