Hi, linux-newbies!  I rceived the message below from the originator
of the "hey jerkoff" chain of messages that beseiged us yesterday
and last night.  Apparently, he was sending a message from himself
to a friend and (duh) something went very wrong.  I sent a complaint
late last night to [EMAIL PROTECTED] about it.  See, complaining
to the postmaster *does* work, sometimes.

--- begin forwarded message ---
%kurt,
%
%Please accept my apologies for the messages.  They are not spam.  Just a
%message from myself to a friend of mine.
%
%I have no clue how it happened, I'm just glad they stopped.  I've been
%writing about 300 apologies since last night.  It seemed to have been sent
%multiple times to multiple lists to which I don't subscribe.
%
%Again, I'm VERY SORRY.  Honestly an uninteded error.
%
%I have posted apologies to some lists, but not all as I don't know how
%many it has reached . Please let whatever list you received know that I DO
%NOT and will not propogate spam!
%
%Thank you very much for your understanding
%
%vince
--- end forwarded message ---

I'm convinced that a chance misalignment of the planets set up a
magnetic field that mirrored this guy's private email message all
over the world.  I bet he's hatin' it right now.

--
Kurt Wall
Informix on Linux FAQ - http://www.xmission.com/~kwall/iolfaq.html