Well, here's what I had to do with my mouse that worked just fine with
gpm...

Change the line in /etc/rc.d/rc.local that loads gpm to:

        gpm -t pnp -R

And in X, configure the driver for "Mouse Systems" protocol, on port
/dev/gpmdata.

        - M. Trausch

Michael B. Trausch                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lake High School                         http://www.wcnet.org/~mtrausch
Running Slackware 3.5                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Running Pine 4.05, Lynx 2.81, and learning Linux along the way! :-)

All this wheeling and dealing around, why, it isn't for money,
it's for fun.  Money's just the way we keep score.
                -- Henry Tyroon