Hello,

I'm having difficulties to install StarOffice 5.0.

The installation doc states that StarOffice uses libc2 version 2.0.7.
I run RH 5.0 with libc2 version 2.0.5.

So I tried to install the libc2 version 2.0.7 that comes with the Star
Office package (if I don't, StarOffice won't install saying it does
need exactly version 2.0.7).

The installation of the new libc2 aborts saying that the dynamic
loader must be changed, and I need to be sure what I'm doing.
Following the doc (though I'm not too sure what I'm doing :-) ), I
restart the libc2 install script forcing change of the dynamic loader.

The install script renames a file adding "_old" (I guess it's the
dynamic loader), then the install script crashes and nothing will work
anymore. Not even "ls" or "mv"...

I managed to repair my system with a boot diskette and removing the
"_old". Now it works. But I'd like to install Star Office.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Jacques