According to James: While burning my CPU.

> Hi all;
>
> I'm trying to get Papyrus running. In both root and user I get a
> segmentation fault after it start the TCL interpreter.

Never heard of it, anyway there are a few ways to see where its bombing out
and possably solve the mistery.

1) Use 'strace', this should show where the program gets into trouble be it
in a "un'understanable" format for some, but if looked at carefully you
should see how far the program was and where the conflicht starts.

As root type;
 'strace -o prob.papyrus ./papyrus'
That puts all output to the file prob.papyrus, possably the command;
 'tail -n100 prob.papyrus' will give the best results as the file will
possably be quite large in size.

2) Use gdb on the core file and "try" to trace the stack causing problems.

This of course is not an easy task, 'man gdb' "might" help you there.

Check the doc files of papyrus to see if your system complies with what
papyrus needs, ie, lib versions etc.

I am not syaing that papyrus is a bad program for causing a core dump, but
some programs will dump core IF they try to open a "non exsistent file".
There are of course more reasons, far to many to explain.

--
Regards Richard.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Merry Xmas to all, and may all your troubles be small (ones).